[lead ]The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (now: Petroleum Safety Authority) initiated the OREDA Project in 1981. The primary objective was to collect reliability data for safety equipment. It was agreed that OREDA was to be run by a group of oil companies in 1983. The objective of OREDA was subsequently expanded to collect experience data from the operation of offshore oil & gas production facilities to improve the basic data in safety reliability studies. The OREDA project has since its start been run in phases normally lasting for 2 – 3 years. The OREDA phases with subsequent major activities and milestones are summarised in the table below:[/lead]
[tblock anim=”fadeInDown” title=”Achievements” tag=”h2″ style=”heading-single” color=”title-color”/]
In addition to the build-up of a large reliability databank, and the use of data by the participating companies, achievements in the OREDA Joint Industry Program include:
- An ISO Standard based on the OREDA concept was issued in 2006 (ISO 14 224: Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries, Collection and exchange of reliability and maintenance data for equipment).
- Guidelines and software for data collection and data analysis
- Publication of reliability data. Five public editions of a Reliability Data Handbook have been issued and sold in more than 50 countries world-wide.
- Data used in analyses for decision support for e.g. concept selection, design optimisation.
- Exchange of reliability knowledge between the participating companies, and co-operation with miscellaneous parties such as manufacturers, research institutes etc.
- Formalised co-operation with the subsea system suppliers Aker Solutions, FMC Technologies, GE and OneSubsea
- Promotion of the OREDA concept and OREDA data application by > 40 papers at various international conferences
- Training courses and material for OREDA data users
- Data used in various research projects and student thesis
[tblock anim=”fadeInDown” title=”OREDA history sumarized” tag=”h3″ style=”heading-single” color=”title-color”/]
|Phase||Time Period||Members||Achievements and milestones|