Lifetime Management of Structures
The fundamental aim of structural reliability analysis is to obtain a structure with an economical design, an economical maintenance program and a sufficient degree of reliability.
90 in stock
The aims and the scope of this book are:
- to present methods and applications to improve the different data, generally poor, limited and incomplete (operating experience, degradation cinetics, non destructive testing data, transients, material properties,…) necessary for implementing a structural reliability analysis;
- to present more and more industrial applications of structural reliability, for safety, design, maintenance or life extension purposes;
- to promote the structural reliability analysis, to further dissemination and exchange, to convince authorities and companies that probabilistic analysis is essential for risk analysis, for better assessment of the probability of rupture of a structure, given that material properties, degradation cinetics, stresses and operating conditions are of a random or incompletely known nature, and the preventive actions (mitigation, maintenance, efficiency of the maintenance) can have random impacts or insufficiently known impacts;
- to stimulate research and development in structural reliability analysis;
- to permit European cooperation in this field, maybe to identify partnerships for European projects.
European Safety Reliability & Data Association (ESReDA) is a European Association established in 1992 to promote research, application and training in Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS). ESReDA is a non-profit making association of European industrial and academic organisations concerned with advances in the safety and reliability field. The association always welcomes comments, contributions and ideas concerning this and other handbooks published by the association and invites contribution for further development needs in the reliability data field.