The aim of the OREDA JIP is to improve Safety, reliability and maintenance through the collection and analysis of reliability data. Specifically, the OREDA members are working to
- Improve safety; by providing experience and data on risks related to offshore operations.
- Improve reliability and availability; by the use of reliability data one can select the most reliable equipment and configuration, and reveal weak designs for future improvement.
- Improve maintenance effectiveness; by using failure data to refine maintenance strategies.
- Enhance industry reputation; by demonstrating a high degree of understanding of equipment performance and characteristics.
- Reduce climate impact; by the use of reliability technology.
Through these objectives we are working to
- Collect and exchange operating experience in a common format
- Promote reliability engineering in E&P projects
- Develop a reference for the collection and analysis of reliability data in the oil and gas industry
- Feed back operating experience to equipment manifacturers
- Co-operate with other organizations and research institutes on data collection and analysis